TERMS & CONDITIONS
The misuse of the facility or failure to conform with the rules, regulations and general information herein and/or the disrespect of onsite staff, will be sufficient cause to immediately terminate an event. This will result in forfeiture of the damage deposit and denial of any future rentals.
- Rental Hours: Rental time must be pre-scheduled and begins at the start of setup and ends when the last person related to the event leaves the room. Events that go beyond the scheduled time will be subject to time-and-a-half costs for room and staff charges.
- Only the rooms and time period specified on the Rental Contract will be available for your use on the day of your event.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served or consumed in the community center.
- Rental fees will not be returned to renters leaving early.
- No Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in all areas, cigarettes are not allowed inside facilities or within 25 feet of doorways and windows but may be used outdoors.
- Condition of Premises: The User may inspect the premises at an earlier, mutually convenient time. The User should return the premises in as good condition as received, in a clean appearance, ready for use by another.
- Set Up/Take Down: Renters are responsible for set-up and take down of the event and for clean-up of the event.
- All inside lights must be turned off, all trash must be removed and taken away from the facility.
- Any decorations must be removed, no nails or paint removing tape is allowed.
- The person(s) responsible for clean-up must accompany the facility supervisor on a walk-through of the facility, when take down is nearly completed to identify any damage that might have occurred. Failure to satisfy this obligation may result in an extra cost on your final invoice.
- All rented equipment that the renter may bring in for the event must be removed from the premises at the end of the specified time on the rental application.
- Responsibility: The renter assumes responsibility for all activities conducted on the premises, including but not limited to the behavior and conduct of their guests to prevent injury or damage.
- Renter is responsible for the behavior and conduct of their guests.
- The renter may be required to provide evidence of liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.
- The South Whidbey Community Center disclaims any liability from, and the User agrees not to hold the South Whidbey Community Center liable for, any occurrences arising from the event as described in this permit.
- The South Whidbey Community Center reserves the right to refuse or revoke any authorization issued for the use of a room, and if rental has been paid, to refund such rental less expense incurred by the center in connection therewith.
The South Whidbey Community Center does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.